Looking to eat seasonally? Or maybe you need some healthier meal ideas for January that add a bit of variety to your day-to-day? You will love these 25+ meal ideas that are a bit healthier and oh so delicious!
It’s a new year, and if you’re like most people you probably indulged in a whole lot of sweets in December, am I right? After that sugar and carb coma, I bet you’re ready for some wholesome food for you and your family. If so, you’re in the right place!
One caveat, some of these recipes technically aren’t “healthy.” Use your own discretion. If it’s a muffin, it’s probably not healthy, unless it’s made without sugar.
Tried-and-True Meal Ideas for January
The recipes and meal ideas below are ones that I love to make all winter, but they’re especially perfect for January. Most of them I have made at least once, but a few of them are ones I’m planning to make soon.
I’ve given links to the recipes I think are worth trying. Links with asterisks around them are recipes I’ve been meaning to try and haven’t yet. And the ones without a link are ones that I haven’t found a really great recipe for yet (actually, a few of them would require a membership to see, which is why I can’t link to them).
Recipes to Try in January
- Lazy cabbage rolls
- Creamy vegetable soup with leeks
- Balanced egg scramble bowl
- Kielbasa and cabbage skillet
- Black bean breakfast burrito
- DIY cup ramen
- Creamy wheat cereal with fruit and nuts
- Homemade bagels
- Roasted veggies
- Sweet potato bake with apples
- Lemon poppy seed muffins
- Stir-fry kits
- BLT avocado chicken lettuce wraps
- Homemade chicken lunch meat
- Borscht (beet soup)
- Bean curry
- Breakfast barley
- Coconut red lentil dahl
- Garlic lemon shrimp pasta
- Ground meat veggie skillet
- Fruit & veggie sheet pan pancakes
- Oven baked chicken and rice
- Yogurt oat muffins
- Roasted chicken, butternut squash, and guacamole rice bowls
- Sweet potato wedges/fries
- Homemade crackers
- Skillet sweet and sour chicken
Try a few of these recipes this January. Who knows, you might find a new family favorite!